View Single Post
October 28th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
I got a flue shot. If you're allergic to eggs, don't get the shot.

Your baby cannot receive vaccinations prior to 6 months but if you get the vaccine, you pass the antibodies on to your baby. I do not know how long it takes your body to develop the antibodies though, so she could end up being born before it has any effect.

The flu can be deadly to pregnant mothers and babies, so I get the shot. In my DDC, most people refused the shot but their reasons, in my opinion, weren't based on any facts. A common one was, "I never get the flu shots and I never get the flu. Why do I need a shot?". By that same logic, there is no reason to have house insurance for fires since your house has never caught on fire before. I don't get it.
Ditto all this.

I have never had the flu either but I went ahead and got my flu shot to be on the safe side, especially while pregnant.

Missy - I am sorry that nurse was so nasty to you! I don't understand that!!! PLUS I think it is very ****** of them not to even ASK you beforehand if you wanted the shot...or talk to you about getting it...etc. Pretty rude IMO!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop

Last edited by TnPhotoMama81; October 28th, 2011 at 06:00 PM.