View Single Post
October 31st, 2011, 05:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I nursed them at the same time sitting on the couch. When DH was home he'd help me bring them to bed. When he wasn't, I'd usually carry them upstairs myself. I'd then swaddle them and put them to bed. You'll get very used to carrying both at one time. I could even burp them at the same time. You just get used to handling two at once.

During the night, I nursed both in my bed, but sitting up. If one was having a rough night, then I'd nurse her laying down so we could get some sleep.

Once they got a little older, I would sometimes nurse one at a time during the day. It was nice to have the one on one time. The other knew she had to just be patient and wait. I liked doing that because they got used to waiting and I could go out in public with them and nurse one then the other without huge breakdowns.

Everyone figures out something that works best for them. I nursed with both kids going the same direction and did not use a nursing pillow. I stopped using that after the first couple weeks because it was more hassle than it was worth. I have a friend who could only nurse her 2 using the football hold and a boppy pillow.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe