View Single Post
November 6th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Hi! So I just found out that I'm 1st time pregnant at 34! I wasn't TTC but wasn't on birth control either. However, I'm worried sick about the medication I was on before I found out and I am wondering if anyone has any advice. So here's the basic timeline...my last period was Oct 1 making me a bit over 5 weeks (very early), the week of Oct 23 I had a severe allergic reaction that landed in in the ER and ended up on a number meds (Benadryl, Zyrtec, and worst of all prednisone). All that is under control now, and I stopped taking the prednisone on Oct. 31 when I found out I was pregnant, but I'm wondering if all that did anything to the baby? I also, had a crown done on my tooth and was put on an antibiotic for like 5 days, but that was mid-month, so maybe it was before I even conceived?

When I got tested at my dr office, the nurse only said that I am at a higher risk of birth defects but she can't tell me more than that and I need to make up my mind quick if I want to keep this baby or not, cause by the time they can test for anything it will be too late I sort of feel like I got left alone with no useful or helpful information! Does anyone have any more info on this? Anything would be appreciated... I feel so blessed for having conceived but don't want to be selfish and have a baby that will have serious problems