View Single Post
November 7th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Bébé Cowgirl
let me start off by saying that it's so weird to me (in my own experience) the range of treatment you get from different doctors in regards to thyroid levels & testing.

My original PCP who diagnosed me needing thyroid supplementation always had me fast before my levels were checked (which was a big PITA when you're doing it frequently)...when I moved, my new PCP never has anyone fast for thyroid level checks (go figure) and I went from having them checked every 3 months to checking only every 6 months....then with OB, I had to remind them every month to check my levels or I swear they would never have checked them and that wasn't done fasting either. And all three of them had different levels of what they considered to be within normal range (beyond what the lab specifies) so one Dr liked to adjust meds to keep me under 1.2, other doctor is fine with anything below 2.0, etc.

So i don't know whether the fasting thing is just with some doctors, or if they truly do get better results that way, or if it's just the lab they use for the bloodwork. You'd think there'd be some consistency with it...but at least in my small experience not really...

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)