View Single Post
November 10th, 2011, 07:16 AM
I would like to share my experience so far. It started when i was 5 weeks when i had my first bleed and i automatically thought the worst. I was given an appointment to go for an ultrasound where * They found a sch but my baby was fine but i was told anything could happen they said that the blood clot could bleed out or be reabsorbed back into my body. I had to return back for another ultrasound 2 weeks later, and i was told good news that it had been reabsorbed. We was over the moon and scheduled to go on holiday a few weeks later i asked the doctor if i was ok to go and he said it wouldn't be a problem. 4 days into our holiday it was happening again only this time the bleeding was extremely heavy and i thought this is it this time its over no way could my baby survive all that. I was sat there on the beach and had to wait for the ambulance to arrive which seemed for ever. I was took to a spanish hospital and was told by the doctors to expect the worst. I was given an ultrasound and was told my blood clot was now 10 cm which is huge but my baby was still hanging in there. I spent 20 days in a spanish hospital on complete bed rest the scanned me every 2 days to check baby and to see if the clot was reducing in size, but it wasnt. I was unable to fly home incase i started to bleed in midair which i was told could of been fatal. It was an nightmare. Every scan i was so scared of what the result would be but my baby still had a strong heartbeat everytime. On 1 of the scans i had the clot had reduced to 9 cm throughout all this i had brown bleed but i was told that was nothing to worry about and was normal but of course you still worry. I was so desperate to come home in the end after 20 days the doctor arranged a doctor from england to come over to fly back home with me. I was out of my mind with worry not knowing what to expect. When i arrived home i was just sent back home and sent an appointment for my 12 week scan which shown the clot was still there but was around 7 cm now. I am now 18 weeks pregnant and more positive i still have little bit ls of brown from time to time i have got my 20 week scan in a couple of week so it will be really interesting to see what is going on i no my baby is fine as iv felt it moving which is reassuring.