Topic: Seth Collin
View Single Post
November 10th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Veteran
I was induced on Monday November 7, 2011. I went in at 6 and they started the pit around 7:45. My dr. broke my water around 7:30. I was 2-3 cm when I got there and having regular contractions but they weren't changing my cervix. By the time I got to 4 CM I was in a lot of pain from the contractions coming one after the other so I got my epidural. After that I was feeling pretty good and labored all day. By 4 ish I was 9-10 CM with just a little bit of cervix left so they had me to start pushing some. I kept pushing and by 6:30 he still wasn't moving down very well. My nurse kept telling me I could do it I could get him out and down but everytime I pushed I asked her if I had and she said he will it's your first so it takes some time. Well around 6:00 I told her I couldn't do it anymore and I was done. I could tell he wasn't moving down and I was hot, tired and hurting. My dr. came in and said there are 2 things we could do. We could do an emergency c-section or try to use the vacuum. At first I told him to just get the baby out. But him being the level headed dr. he is, said lets make a smart decision. So I told him ok, lets try the vacuum since I was already hurting down there. He said he agreed and got everything set up. After 2 pusehs with the help ov the vacuum and episiotomy my little Seth was born. Oh and I also have a 4th degree laceration all the way through. This recovery is not fun but my little guy is SO worth it. I love him so much!

Last edited by karensc82; November 10th, 2011 at 03:56 PM.