View Single Post
November 11th, 2011, 09:53 AM
bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
PS CS
To change your style settings in PS CS this is what you need to do.

Go to Layers, then Layer Style, then to Drop Shadow. It will automatically add PS CS's default shadow setting and a box will pop up that looks like this:

The first thing that I am going to tell you is to just ignore the part of the box at the bottom that says Quality - in all my years of digital scrapbooking I've never seen the need to change that.

You have four sliders this time; Opacity (which does the same as in PSE), Distance, Spread, and Size. Here is what the three last sliders do:
  • Distance - This is how far away from your element the shadow goes. The further away it is the more it makes the element seem raised from what is under it.
  • Spread - Just leave this alone.
  • Size - This changes how blurry the shadow becomes. The higher the number - the bigger the shadow - the blurrier the shadow gets.
Here is a little extra something that you can change about your shadows in PS CS that you can't in PSE. Right under the word structure you should see a drop down menu that says Blending Mode next to it. This controls how the shadow interacts with whatever you have under the element that you are shadowing. What blending mode you use on your shadow is purely up to you and your tastes. The most common used blending modes for shadowing in digital scrapbooking are Multiply, Linear Burn, and Hard Light.
mom of: Zach (9), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14