View Single Post
November 16th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The teacher conference thread got me thinking.

How was your K-12 education as a child? What type of school did you attend, and did you change schools or stay in one system? Do you feel the years spent were worthwhile or do you feel shortchanged? Just curious. Also wondered about what outcome your life had as a result of what you feel you got or didn't get from your education. (as we wonder that about the trajectory for our kids...) If you were in a TAG program and want to share about that, you can too.

For me... I definitely felt shortchanged and was keenly aware of that the whole way through. I wouldn't change anything about it now in retrospect, as if anything were different I might not have the family I have now, but yeah. I harbor bitterness and resentment. I was in TAG since kindergarten and those short pull-outs are the only glimmer in an otherwise meaningless 13 years- and they ended after elementary school. The few honors/AP classes offered were a joke and catered to kids in TAG who wanted the prestige of being in TAG but not to actually do any work.

Share yours???