View Single Post
November 17th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Kristin
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3ai3ydanny View Post
Coconut milk is actually one of the better ones.

Turtle Mountain - Dairy Free Desserts. Makers of So Delicious and Purely Decadent dairy free ice cream

This company is great though if you don't want to home make ice cream. If you do want to just google "... milk homemade ice cream recipes" or something like that and you will get several results.
I totally second this - I have a dairy allergy. My allergy effects my asthma, frustrating though because most people actually grow out of this but it doesn't seem I'm going to grow out of it.

I LOVE Turtle Mountain, they make great ice cream if you're not going to make your own. Their yogurt is super yummy too.

For everything else I drink rice milk with cereal and for baking - it bakes the same. If you're looking to make yummy mashed potatoes without cream - I use progresso's chicken broth instead of cream (be super careful, if you're not paying close attention when you're adding it can get runny pretty quickly).

My Mom and my DH think I need to write a cookbook on making ice cream - our favorite one is Peanut Butter Chocolate.

1 Can of coconut milk (the thai kind, full fat - chilled in the fridge
2 tbsps of sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder (I use Ghirardelli)
3-4 tbsps of peanut putter

I mix everything in the blender so it's super smooth. Pour it into frozen ice cream maker bowl and turn on. Process for 25 minutes or until set. Serve or store in the freezer.