View Single Post
November 19th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Please do NOT share on FaceBook yet!

DH and I went to the event at DSS tonight. We ended up missing the entire presentation (despite arriving early). lol The woman that I've been waiting to talk to was there and we talked instead. 45 minutes!

The first woman I talked to was wrong about the fact that we could sign up and ONLY take kids that are already legally free. We HAVE to be willing to take on short-term foster kids too. As she was telling us this it was all I could do not to cry. DH had made it pretty clear just last week that he didn't want to foster right now. However, Chris surprised me and has actually agreed to foster!

We are talking about altering our initial ages since most of the kids will be short-term. We may also be reevaluating what needs we are willing to accept.

It's officially official. We are starting the process! She's mailing out the application and paperwork on Monday. Classes don't start until January. (A little further out than I'd like but it works.)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)