View Single Post
November 23rd, 2011, 01:00 PM
Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Sorry sweetie

I had a D&C with m/c #3. It was by choice since I wanted a karyotype. The doctors and nurses were REALLY nice, and the entire experience was actually positive, since everyone knew I'd had a miscarriage and was very sensitive and kind. I'll never forget the conversation I had with one of the nurses, who's dad had just died. I'm sure my baby and his dad are good friends in Heaven now. The RE who performed the procedure was the same RE who had done my IUIs, so it was nice that I didn't get a stranger, but even if I had I'm sure he/she would have been well informed of the situation just like all the rest of the strangers working on me during the procedure.

Please don't worry about the D&C. They give you medication to relax you (conscious sedation), and you'll barely even remember the procedure. I don't remember any pain, just some mild cramping like menstrual cramps prior to the procedure starting when they dilated my cervix. If it comes to a D&C, you'll be just fine, I promise!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!