View Single Post
November 28th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For people I don't really know, but see in my regular life, I just told them that the baby passed away. That seems to be enough for them, and it works for me. When I am asked how many children I have, as others have said, it depends on the situation. If we aren't close I tell them I have 2 - my two boys. If I know you better or get to know you better and the subject comes up I tell them I have 4 - 2 here and 2 in heaven. It just depends on the person and the situation. It's harder with a stillbirth because you WANT to tell them the story and all the details. It's like a badge we wear, yk? We don't like wearing it, but it's there and it's ours and not telling the whole story feels like you are hiding or ashamed. But not everybody NEEDS to know the details.

BTW, my boys and I participated in the Pumpkins for Finley. It was our honor, and helped us in our healing from our loss. Just so you can make the connection in your book of pictures, these were our pumpkins:

We are here anytime you need to talk.vent. So sorry for your loss.

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks