View Single Post
November 28th, 2011, 11:33 PM
WorriedMommy2011 WorriedMommy2011 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
On Oct 19, 2011, I was admitted into the hospital again because of contractions. After 2 days and 6 shots of Breatine (on top of the pills they were feeding me every 3 hours to try and stop the contractions), they could not stop my contractions so I was sent to a specialty hospital for women and infants about an hour away by ambulance. My son was born on Oct 22,2011 at 24 weeks gestational. I barely made it to the hospital. The hematoma got infected and ended up rupturing my placenta while I was on my way into have an emergency C section. My son and myself had to be resuscitated because of the amount of blood we lost. He was 1 lb and 3 oz when he was born. He has been in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit on a ventilator since he was born. He is now 1 lb and 13 oz and has a lot of difficulties that babies are not supposed to have. I now drive an hour up to the hospital he is at every day just to sit and watch him. I wish everyone that has to endure this condition my deepest thoughts as from the first day this started it has been a rollercoaster. And my rollercoaster still has a long track ahead of me. Good luck to all the mommies who have this condition, whether it be minor or major, I will pray for you all every time I look at my little miracle. Please, don't take this lightly if you have this condition. My son is fighting for his life and I can't do anything to change it and had they waited another hour to transport me, I probably wouldn't be writing this post.....

Originally Posted by WorriedMommy2011 View Post
I was diagnosed with SCH at 15 weeks on a business trip out of state. I started gushing blood while i was checking into my hotel and thought it was over. I went to the ER and found out that I had a hematoma that was 7 cm. I am now 23 weeks and have been admitted in the hospital 2 times and have visited the emergency room a dozen times. I now have 2 hematomas, one at 4 cm and one at 8 cm. I have been on bedrest for almost 8 weeks now and last week I started going into labor. The baby is completely healthy but at this point, they cannot say what will happen. They are starting me on steroid shots and pills to help keep the contractions down and in 3 weeks I start steroid shots for the baby to speed the development as much as possible. Most pregnancies go to 40 weeks- at this point my goal is to hang on as long as possible but they doubt I will make it past 30 weeks. I spot almost everyday whether it is bright red or the brownish "old blood" color and have gushes like the original that send me back to the emergency room. I have to call my doctor's emergency line about once a week to get advise on what to do. I'm scared to death and my heart goes out to anyone who has to go through this kind of worry. I have a 2 year old at home that I cannot take care of by myself and someone has to take care of me as I cannot do anything by myself.
Reply With Quote