View Single Post
November 29th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jule'sMomInOR View Post
II was completely out of my element with a newborn.
Oh hon, I feel you! I have come to realize that I am a kid person, not a baby person. LOL I love my daughter dearly and with all my heart, though I admit that things got so much more fun when she was closer to one year old, mobile, babbling, etc. And even more so when she turned 2, then 3, etc. As she's progressed through each stage of her life, I've enjoyed myself more and have enjoyed watching her develop her personality. Some women want to keep their children as little babies forever, but I cannot relate! I love when they start talking and communicating and really becoming little people. My DH & I have no desire to start over and go through that first year again.

As for when you're older, well, whether you have one child or five or ten, you won't be able to control whether or not they give you grandchildren or live close by. Hopefully, you'll have a great enough relationship that if/when the time came that you needed extra care, your DD would be there for you. I wouldn't have a second child if that's the *only* reason, ya know?

Many hugs and good luck in making your decision.