Topic: Avery update
View Single Post
December 1st, 2011, 07:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
Surgery went well yesterday. She was ticked at the world before we even got there. She didn't have surgery till 10:30 but we had to be there at 9:30. Because of the reflux though they let me give her jello at 7:30 with her meds. She liked that!
she screamed and cried and clung to me till 10:30 when the happy drugs were given to her. Well.. they didn't work, she was still crying the whole time but couldn't hold up her own head
Surgery started at 11 and lasted an hour. It went as well as it could. She woke up VERY mad, screaming, ripping out her IV, ripping at her bandage on her eye. Screaming!!!! They even gave her another dose of meds to keep her calm, so don't want to see her not calm then.
They released us even though she was screaming so much. Thank goodness!!!
Doctor said it went well, they placed an implant in her eye to help her see better. Said it will be 2-3 days though before we really know how it will look.
Last night was rough, she was upset, belly hurt, eye was swollen, bloody and hurt. Gave her motrim to try to help her. She slept with me all night and had me "rub" her eye. Which means I held my thumb on her eye and jsut sat there. She woke at 4 this morning with it hurting and watery, more motrim and she fell back to sleep at 6!! Had to get up at 6:45 with Nichole though!!

that's the update off to the post op right now!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3