View Single Post
December 4th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Super Mommy
So, if you don't remember me I lost my twins on 9/16/11. They were the result of IVF and over $50K in infertility treatments. I have NEVER gotten pregnant on my own and DH have been trying for over 8 years. We do have a son who just turned four from an IUI. Anyways... I got a BFP on my first cycle after losing my twins. We were "trying" and I was using my CBE fertility monitor and all it was giving me was highs for 11 days straight (that has never happened, it goes from low to high to peak when you are ready to ovulate). I really thought I must have not ovulated. I even had a follow up check up at my OB's on CD17 and I had her pull my progesterone and estrogen because I said my monitor was wacky. She said my levels were normal and that I had ovulated... I disagreed cause the numbers were low. I must have JUST ovulated. So I decided to test and left the stick in the bathroom, checked back a few minutes later and OMG there were two lines. I called DH right away and was like "there are two lines on this freaking pregnancy stick!" I took another test to see if two lines came up and they did. I called my dr and they had me come in for a blood test. Get this, my beta was only NINE. My internet cheapie test picked up a beta of NINE! They had me come in 24 hrs later and it was 54. I have tested everyday since (very dark lines) and I think I am about 5 1/2ish weeks right now. They are having me come in for another blood test next Monday and want to see my levels over 3000. I think they just don't want me to go for an u/s and not see a heartbeat... I am having a good feeling about this though. I will be seeing the high risk perintologist (sp) and having a cerclage put in at 12 weeks. Ironically depending upon when they put my due date, 12 weeks falls on the twins full term due date, Jan 19th, bitter sweet.

I am shocked that this has happened on our own and nervous at the road that lies ahead. I never thought this would happen for us again like this. I feel like I get my "do over". Not that I am replacing my babies I lost, but a chance to have closure and bring my baby home. I pray for a heart beat and a beautiful u/s very soon.

Sorry this got so long...