View Single Post
December 6th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I got lots of good feedback - my interview, lesson plan and letter of application were very strong, and the design of my lesson was very good. The head simply said that she had hoped to see someone with a more assertive leadership style in the classroom - and clearly one of the other candidates had that. She also pointed out that while I have lots of experience, I am also very expensive for schools - I realise that, what I don't understand is why schools invite me for an interview if they already know that's the situation. It was "only" a temporary job, but then I'm not even getting interviews for permanent jobs - they tend to be suspicious of why someone experienced is out of work or on supply, and go for a newly qualified. *Sigh*. Still, what can you do? It felt right, but obviously it wasn't.

I'm probably going to have to try supply after all - and even the path to that is not running smooth, they were waiting for a reference for ages - I've been in touch with that reference and she said she was going to do it asap - and I still haven't received an identity badge from them to signal that I'm "on call". Not sure what more I can do, but don't understand why things worked out the way they did and I got a place on my Return to Teaching course, if it was just going to lead to a dead end - as I believe everything happens for a reason.

Thanks for all your good luck wishes and positive vibes and everything, I'm pretty gutted, but will have to just stay as positive as I can I suppose.