View Single Post
December 9th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Well I have gone through the exact same thing. I did not find out until I was 4 months pregnant. That being said, I had salmonella for over a month - took the prescribed meds to get rid of it, and morphine & hydro morph to ease the pain throughout. I've had scopes done - got the anesthetics throughout the procedure to put me to sleep. I drank heavily. I smoked over a pack a day.
Needless to say, after all the baby and I have went through, she is still perfectly healthy. Shes growing accordingly, at the proper weight she should be, her length is looking good, all that good stuff! They had detailed ultrasounds done, ultrasounds weekly, and they see nothing wrong so far.
I stressed for the longest time, and considered an abortion, not only because all I had put her through, not knowing I was pregnant, But i had found out my placenta was tearing away from the uterus. It was a 9cm tear, and it was either me or the baby that was going to survive this pregnancy. So I was set on an abortion. The tear healed, so I decided to keep her. Happiest decision I have done. She is healthy and nothing I did hadn't affected her.