View Single Post
December 13th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dmwinge
Christmas memory? When I was a LOT younger (like 10) we were driving to my aunt and uncles (at least a 5 hour drive) on Christmas eve to spend the holidays with them and we came across a car in the ditch. There was a young woman, probably in her early 20s getting out of her car, so it must have just happened. My dad pulled over and asked her if she needed a ride anywhere (this was WAY before cell phones). She asked if there would be enough room with her and her baby. Dad had a BIG SUV so my brother and I helped her unload her trunk of the few presents that she had in there, made room in the back and gave her and her baby a ride into the same town we were already going. Her husband was stationed at the air base right outside of town, but he was away at train maneuvers so he was missing the holidays. She was headed to his parents house. When we pulled in the driveway, out runs the family, including her husband that was able to come home for the night to surprise her and their daughter's first Christmas. Wish I knew whatever happened to them.

Christmas tradition?
Every year, we alternate between my parents' house and my aunt and uncle's house for Christmas Eve. My mom's side of the family all comes. This year, there will be 4 under the age of 3, 10 3 - 17, and 18 over the age of 18. There will be 32 total, if everyone shows. That's 4 generations!

Present? When I was 17, my dad got me and my brother (who did not have his license yet) a convertable. It was 15 years old and a major gas guzzler, but it was in perfect shape. I miss that car!

Thank you Babydoll213 for the awesome siggy!