View Single Post
August 14th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Sorry I haven't written much lately. Been feeling like absolute hell and have been taking care of my MIL a bit still. Using the computer, taking a shower, 5 minutes alone with DH--all luxuries. Good thing we already did the baby-makin'.

I'm 37w1d today. I had an appointment last week at 36w2d and my cervix was completely closed, hard, and doing absolutely nothing. Over the past couple of days, I could tell that something was happening, but didn't think much of it. At my appointment this morning, my doc was talking about her upcoming vacation and said that I'd be getting rid of her for a little while. I asked if it would be a vacation for fun. She said, "Well, I'm on call the 20th and 24th, but can leave right after that!" As she had her WHOLE hand up there (I'm "deep"), she asked what I'd be doing over the next couple of weeks, passing the time. I told her that my husband's bday was coming up and we'd be planning a party and such. Doc: "When?" Me: "The 23rd." Doc: "You might give him an early birthday present." Me: "Well, we don't really exchange gifts." She lifted her head up and tilted it, said, "No, I mean a BIG one." 6 days ago, nothing at all. AT ALL. She predicted going to term. Today, 1.5-2cm dilated and 40% effaced, and I'm pretty sure that all happened over the past 2 days. A few minutes ago, I finally had to pee again and there was a lone, small, bloody clot and then lots of brownish blood, but not mucus. I called L&D and they said that it could be the pelvic, but of course, I'm paranoid now.

Anyway, that's my update. My in-laws were leaving for a small trip in the morning and have decided to cancel it!!! I told them that all this external pressure on my cervix was going to force me to go to 42 weeks! So, who knows? Could be tomorrow, could be weeks. We don't have *anything* done--we haven't even bought the carseat. No name, either. We're bad parents...

I'm also wondering, though, what the rapid change means. I know that it can mean nothing sometimes, but my doc seemed to think that I might be in labor before my next appointment--on TUESDAY! Anyone have any experience with this?