View Single Post
December 14th, 2011, 10:46 AM
POAS Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
Sometimes my 15-16s ruptured and sometimes they didn't...just depended on the cycle and my E2 levels I guess.

Just a heads up about the ones that don't rupture (sorry for being Debbie Downer)...they can become cysts. When mine didn't respond to the trigger, I had to take the next month off and take BCP to make them go away. Hopefully this won't be an issue for you since you'll be
Do you HAVE to do a BCP cycle? What happens if you don't and you just let the cysts be cysty? I have a friend who was on Clomid and never had follicular ultrasounds, she was on it for 5 months I think. She never did a BCP cycle, also never knew if she had any cysts from Clomid/follies not rupturing. She does have PCOS though. Have another friend who developed a cyst for no apparent reason (not ttc or anything) and the doc told her she just had to wait for it to go away on its own. That wasn't an RE though, just a normal OBGYN. I don't want to take a month off -- we only have four tries to get a 2012 baby! Fingers crossed...

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^