View Single Post
December 18th, 2011, 05:24 PM
(formerly junie22)
5 weeks

Not much new going on today. I'm just happy that I made it to the 5-week mark.

I tweaked my neck about a week ago, and I thought it was getting better. However, I must have agitated it in my sleep again because I woke up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain. And every time I fell back asleep, I would move and wake up again. I have to turn my torso to look to the left, instead of my neck. And I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm trying not to take pain relievers, even though I know Tylenol is okay. I'm sure it wouldn't do much to help me. I have ThermaCare heat wraps, but I don't want to use them unless I talk to my doctor. So I've just been suffering today. I've been trying to stretch it as much as possible, even though it really hurts. And DH gave me a great massage.

I am starting to get an aversion to sweet foods, which is highly unusual for me. And my teeth are really sensitive, which usually happens when I have a change in hormones, often most pronounced around O time. I also had it around implantation. So I hope it's just the increasing hCG making them sensitive. I get worried that I'm going to lose this pregnancy, so unusual things make me take pause.

Of course, my breasts are still sore, and they are growing. And my stomach feels upset this evening, though that could be totally unrelated. The pain in my neck is giving me a headache, which could be upsetting my stomach.

I baked some jam tarts for my dear English friend, who says they remind her of home. So I thought I would make her a batch for Christmas. And I also made a batch of chunky peanut butter cookies. I'll probably spend the rest of the afternoon and evening on the couch because I am tired.