View Single Post
December 19th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just love Maya Angelou. She said:

"When people show you who they are, believe them."

"People know themselves much better than you do. That's why it's important to stop expecting them to be something other than who they are."

I especially love these two quotes. When people show you who they are, believe them. My husband has told me that I need to let things roll of my back more because I'm not quick to let people into my personal space anymore. Well, maybe in some ways I don't. But, I've learned the very thing that this lesson is saying to us all. I still love, treat, and appreciate people, BUT, for who they are, not who I want them to be. And it ticks me off to no end when I'm not extended the same courtesy. I've learned early on to listen to what people are saying about themselves and others "they say they love and care for." If they dispect and disregard them, then there is a great chance of me getting the same treatment eventually. I look at this as hard-earned wisdom and therefore see it very different than my husband who apparently hasn't learned this important life lesson.