View Single Post
December 20th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Veteran
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost a little girl at 20 wks, 6 days. I was very pregnant looking when I had my loss. There was no hiding when I came back to work with a flat tummy. My boss was great, and let people know ahead of time, but I work in a hospital, so there's a lot of people that I encountered that didn't work every day with me. They would be so excited, "Oh! You had your baby! How exciting!" Then, I had to break the news. I would say, "My baby passed away." It was very awkward for both of us, but I had to do it.

Since this has happened so recently for you, the holidays can be really tough, especially the first year. I was in group counseling at that time, and learned a lot. I had difficulty with everyone else seeming to be going on with their life, getting drunk, partying, and I felt they could care less that I was in pain. One thing I learned in group counseling and I will offer it to you, if you don't feel like going to an office party, family gathering, holiday event, or putting up a tree, then don't. It's your time, and you have got to do what you have got to do to get through it.
Blog