View Single Post
December 21st, 2011, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Lindsay!! My name's Aubrey and DH is Jason. I was diagnosed at the beginning of the year, after 6 months of trying on our own. Well, after being diagnosed my OB reassured me that it is completely possible to become pregnant and we shouldn't worry. She told me to just lose weight and things would work out. Well, you may know, but having PCOS, it is NOT very easy to lose weight. So we went on trying for a few more months. Finally I seen another OB and was prescribed Metformin. I was on the Met for about 8 days and AF showed. I continued the Met for about 2 months when finally I decided enough was enough! The side effects were terrible for me. Although it did regulate my cycles for those 2 months, and the one following, I just couldn't stick it out. Well just recently I started temping, my cycle was pretty long, and for some reason my DH insisted I give the Met another try. So a few days after O I decided to start taking it and have been ever since. (only about 3 weeks, but I've been doing really well with no symptoms) WELLLLLL just recently I found we are expecting!!! It DID take us about 15 months of trying, but it happened. My biggest piece of advice is don't get discouraged. Many women with PCOS DO become pregnant, sometimes it just takes a while. I know there are "skinny" cycsters, but if you are over weight at all I would start there. Try losing, eating lower carbs really helps. Keep up on the Met for a while and if it doesn't work then yea, no doubt, ask if you should increase you dosage. Another thing you could try, before jumping right to Clomid would be Soy Isoflavones . It is a more natural route and is supposed to act as Clomid. I took it for 3 months, The first 2 were really short cycles (28 days I believe) the 3rd was this last one, the one I became pregnant on. I don't know if it was the Soy that got me where I am, or just the proper timing, but I would give it a try WOW I'm sort of rambling on here so I guess I will cut it for now. If you have any other questions everyone here is great and I'm sure one of us can help Hang in there! Can't wait to get to know you better!!!