View Single Post
December 21st, 2011, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not on metformin, so I can't say anything about that.

However, on the weight loss - by the fact that you say you're overweight, you could be insulin resistant (Have you been tested for this?? They normally do it with a 2 hour glucose test).

There are a couple diets out there that work very well with cysters. One is the IR diet .. I've heard nothing but good things about this diet. The other is the GI Diet. There's tons of information about both online (yay google!).

I started following the GI Diet a LOT closer in October, and since then I've lost 4 holes in my belt and gone down a size (I don't weigh.. I refuse to.. LOL).

ANd it's not really about low carbs, but more about high fibre, low sugars, and COMPLEX carbs (simple carbs are metabolized into sugar faster which causes sugar spikes..and people that are insulin resistant don't process these the same way). I love my carbs, but now I can eat carbs AND still lose weight

*gets off the diets are awesome box*... sorry, just really thrilled that I was able to fit into some pants this week that I never thought I'd be able to dig out again!
WTTC #2