Topic: Introduction
View Single Post
December 22nd, 2011, 09:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Nina. I'm Rebecca (33) and my husband is Peter (33), and I'm verrry new, both to this forum and to TTCMA. We've been trying to conceive for two years, and after an ectopic pregnancy and emergency laparatomy in June, I was diagnosed with "moderately-severe" endometriosis and told that IVF is the only safe way for us to conceive. Up to the point of my ectopic I was under the care of an OB/GYN who I felt never really listened to me or tried to figure out the reason we couldn't conceive. She wouldn't do an investigative laparoscopy to check out my ovarian cyst (which was large, complex, persisted for more than 6 months, and, as we found out with the surgery, was not a cyst at all but rather an endometrioma), wouldn't refer me to an RE even after we'd spent 16 months TTC without success, and just kept telling me to keep losing weight and I'd get pregnant. I can't believe I put up with that for so long, and I'm SO glad that you're working with an RE now who can direct your treatment! I know it can feel so busy and overwhelming at first as you try to get records transferred, all the tests done, and a plan in place (and it is exactly that hectic!), but this is such a great step forward for you. I wish you and your husband all the success you're hoping for.