View Single Post
December 23rd, 2011, 03:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't really answer your questions except to say that it usually takes 3 consecutive regular cycles to get eggs in line to ovulate that aren't damaged from the pcos. Before those 3 months I have had a lot of chemicals, and other women have early miscarriages. So I would definitely talk to your doctor about upping the Metformin (When I took it I took 1500mg!) and then be patient. You can still TTC, but expect at least 3 regular cycles first. That is the best way to go about it imo. Good luck! feel free to contact me with any questions as I have been successful twice now with getting pregnant with PCOS. It most definitely can be done, but it does require some diligence. You just have to try a little harder and wait a little longer sometimes then non-pcos women

And cutting out carbs and sugar will also help tremendously, especially with Metformin side effects which many women experience on the higher dosage.

Also, I used acupuncture this time to great success. Always an option, but I would get healthier first (the diet, add in as much cardio as you can every day, and then the Metformin).