View Single Post
December 23rd, 2011, 09:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a Metformin success story - after starting 2000 mg of Met, I started having regular cycles (I think it took a couple of weeks for that first AF to show), and I got pregnant four months after starting the Met. That pregnancy ended in an early miscarriage, but I stayed on the Met and got pregnant again two months after my cycle returned. My baby girl is seven weeks old today, and I stayed on the Met my entire pregnancy, which I credit with preventing gestational diabetes and from me gaining too much weight (I only gained about 12 lbs, 6.4 of which was Eryn!). Try to give the Met a little more time to work (especially before moving on to Clomid or Femara), and consider talking to your doc about upping your dosage if you can stomach it (teehee). I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't experience the side effects of Met, but they can be pretty bad, so upping your dosage would probably up the ickyness factor.

Good luck, and don't lose heart! We didn't even start trying until I was 32 - you've still got plenty of time! You're just a spring chicken!