View Single Post
December 27th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Mommy of Four!
My sister is pregnant with her first baby and was actually due yesterday Dec 26th. I text her yesterday to remind her to call me and let me know what the doctor said because she has an appt that morning. In her response, she told me that she would let me know when she went into labor or was scheduled an induction, but that I didn't need to go to the hospital and was welcome to come after the baby was born. I was kinda surprised because I had planned to go to the hospital and at least wait in the waiting room, but from her text it appeared that she didn't even want me to do that. I was very hurt and I told her that I didn't think that was right, that I'm her sister not some casual aquaintance and that I should at least be welcome to come to the hospital and wait if she wasn't comfortable having me in the room during labor. I already knew she didn't want me in there when she pushed, but I am shocked that I'm not welcome to come in the waiting room. I have had four children and never once told my sister that she couldn't come to the hospital, in fact she was in the room with me with my 3rd and 4th VG deliveries. I know she is not me and that her preferences are different, but I think it's crappy she doesn't want me there, period. I'm pretty upset with her and having a hard time telling myself it's her right, her choice...even though I made the same choices four times in four deliveries.

Thank You Alethia for the Siggy!