View Single Post
December 27th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I'm sorry you guys have different opinions and that she doesn't want you there...

but I didn't want anyone waiting at the hospital while I was in labor. I was induced over a week after my due date, but we told everyone long before that that we'd call them and let them know when the baby was born, but we didn't want them there waiting. For one, you never know how long it will take and I just don't like the idea of people waiting on/for me. Plus, after the baby is born I'd like some time just with my little family. Everyone ended up coming the night she was born. She was born at 3:30, we had her for a little bit then she had to go to the nursery to get checked out for some complications. Both our moms were at the hospital by the time we got her back and our sisters and FIL got there that night too, I think. If I did it again, I'd not let them come until the next morning. I didn't start nursing as soon as I should have and stuff because of all the people. Plus I felt like too much was going on and still like I should be "entertaining" in some way. I'm also very introverted and sometimes having people around just drains me of energy.

I know your situation and relationship might be different, but I thought I'd offer my perspective since we didn't want family there until after.