View Single Post
December 28th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Love being a mommy!
Wow so many heartbreaking stories. You ladies are so strong!!

DH and I have always wanted a baby but we wanted to wait until we felt "ready", financially mostly. So we finally got on a good insurance in 2010 and got pregnant on our first cycle of NTNP in June 2010. I miscarried in August 2010, naturally at home. I have always wanted to be a mom, more than anything I have ever felt. It was devastating to lose the pregnancy since we had already started planning so much.

Spent several months at the obgyn who is great, but I always felt like I had to suggest what I wanted to try next... My progesterone was low and my LP short so I spent 3 months on clomid with no results. I finally requested a SA (should have done that WAY sooner!) and it showed DH had a low count but even more importantly, his white blood cell count was extremely elevated, over 20 million (should be 0-1!). We went to see a urologist who put him on a broad spectrum antibiotic for 7 days. The next SA showed WBC had gone down to about 13 mil I think and the third showed it was at 1-6 mil, so almost normal.

Several more months of trying and still nothing so we finally decided to go see an RE. Our first appt is tomorrow and I feel great about it! We are also both taking FertilAid this month and using instead softcups.