Topic: PAP Abnormal?
View Single Post
December 30th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had the biopsy done in one of my pregnancy's that ended in early m/c. Since then, I have never had a pap during a pregnancy. My last three pregnancy's, I have had my pap's done at my 6wk pp visit. With that said, the biopsy did not cause the m/c, but left me with one of those "what if's". I did not need a leep after that biopsy, just followed up with pap's every 3mo for 1yr. I did spot some after the procedure was done, and my dr. did warn me that it was common. (since PAL was hard enough, that's why I decided not to do pap's during pg's). I tend to think that being pg makes your cervical changes more apparent anyway...

My first dr. who delivered my first 3, did not even bother doing pap's until the baby was at least 3mo old.....giving the cervix a chance to heal and get back to the pre-pregnancy state.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!