Topic: Ivf / fet ddc
View Single Post
January 3rd, 2012, 10:31 AM
Super Mommy
Hi ladies. I haven't been on here in a few days so am just catching up with everyone.

Melissa - I love the belly shots!!! You look great!

Twomamas - Sorry to hear about the drama but glad to hear you are back home now and all is good. That's so wonderful about your wife being able to feel the kicks. I can't wait until we can start to feel our little one move. Disneyworld sounds wonderful. I never went as a kid but always wanted to. DH took me to Disneyland for the first time a few years and I loved it! Will have to try Disneyworld once we have our own little one to take.

Angie - I'm glad you got to tell everyone and that it went well. Thanks for sharing the info about the genetic testing. I think that DH and I are leaning the same way. If the blood test and ultrasound screenings come back okay, then we might not pursue any other testing except for a test for spina bifida since DH had a sibling who was born with it and only lived a few hours. However, if there is any doubt on the initial tests, we'll have an amnio (it'll be too late for a CVS by that time).

AFM - I am starting to feel a bit better. My nauseau seems to be letting up slightly and I haven't had a headache in about 3 days (which is a record right at the moment). I got the test results back from the urinalysis. I have a Group B strep infection. From what I've read, it's pretty common - about 25% of pregnant women get it - and it poses no danger to me. But they will have to give me antibiotics during labor to make sure that baby doesn't get it. I guess there's no use in giving the antibiotics early because it can come back so for now, I do nothing. Which is fine because there are no symptoms associated with it.

My History
Jenn in DC=37 DH=46
TTC #1 since July 2009

Cycles 1-12 = BFN
Cycle #13 - 15= IUIs with Clomid & Gonal F - All BFNs
Cycle #16 -21 - Natural Cycles, started acupuncture and chinese herbs - BFN
Cycle #22 - IVF Clinical Trial. Cycle Cancelled.
Cycle #23 - Minimal Stimulation IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen on Day 3.
Cycle #24 - Mini-IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved, fertilized and frozen as expanded blasts on Day 5.
Cycle #25 - Mini-IVF #3 - 4 eggs retrieved (two mature and 2 immature), one egg made it to blast and was frozen. Five snowbabies in all!! Hysteroscopy.
Cycle #26 Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP and then miscarriage
Cycle #27 - Single Frozen Embryo Transfer. BFP!!
Due Date: July 20th
Aven Robert Born on August 4th