View Single Post
January 5th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Your story and mine are very similar. I just found out two days ago I am pregnant and I am nine weeks. I had my first doctor's appointment today and I had similar concerns...I was drinking every day (obviously not now anymore) and smoking. The doctor was very reassuring...she said although you should definitely stop drinking for your baby, the body is an amazing, resilient thing and many women do not realize they're pregnant for a few weeks and have the same concerns, and their babies are fine. As far as that goes, I wouldn't terminate.

I also take medications though that I just found out could have possibly harmed my baby. I take klonopin, risperidone, and zoloft, and the klonopin might have caused fetal harm. I have to make an appointment with maternal-fetal medicine and speak with more doctors and get more information. So, to summarize, if you stop the drinking and stuff, your baby should be ok. As far as everything else, just gather as much information as possible first and hope for the best. That's what I am going to do.