Topic: Nursery Time!
View Single Post
January 10th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Hey everyone I decided to come up here and start a journal to chronicle my nursery makeover from start to finish because Im a decorating/renovating junkie.

I've decided to label each entry with the day of the reno today being day 1. I will try to recap what we did and how, what products we used and any reviews comments reflections I have on it. I will also include at least one picture each day of work. If I dont do any work I might write an entry to say so or I might just skip it and come back in the next time I work.

Day 1 January 10, 2012

Our crib came into Walmart today so the nursery makeover has officially started!

Some background on the house to begin with

DH is a pastor and in our denomination that means that we move around every few years depending on circumstances, and we live free in a house owned by the church. We have the right to make changes but only up to a certain point. This particular house is an American Foursquare American Foursquare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia built around 1898 and I could not even begin to tell you how many different families have occupied it in the last 100 years I do know there has been 8 in the last 30 years with at least 5 babies being born durring their family's time here. I think it's pretty special to be a part of that however it has taken a toll on the house. Therefore bear in mind that I'm starting with less than ideal conditions to work with and have a limit on what I can do to change it. Never the less I will do my best because this is what I love to do!

Before pictures

Today's work

Well day one started off most interestingly as the nesting bug apparently hit DH while I was trying to clear out the room from it's previous life as a guest room. He decided that since he has always hated the ceiling fan stating his complaints as "too low, ugly, and white" he would just take it down and be done with it. This was easily accomplished however it has left the room without a light and now I can only work in there durring daylight hours and I have to shop for a new fixture. The good news was we still had alot of daylight left so we finished clearing, and cleaning and left for walmart to pick up our crib. We ordered the Graco Charleston in classic cherry. Graco Charleston Convertible Classic Crib, Classic Cherry - Walmart.com After looking at cribs in person we found this one to be a good fit for our style and for me as I am only 5ft tall and this is a shorter style. It was $159. We got site to store shipping so it would be free. It was an easy process although it does take up to 10 days for the order to come in. Once we got it home and upstairs we had a few minutes of figuring out what we were really supposed to be doing and what went where, but it went together easily once we got situated and Im very happy with it. The color is nice, there were no flaws, and it feels very sturdy.

DH putting it together

Finished product

Last edited by rmarie9509; January 11th, 2012 at 10:00 AM.