View Single Post
January 12th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My parents divorced when I was in my mid 20's. I'm not even sure exactly when it was, I don't keep terrible stuff on the calendar. I was very bitter with my mom for a long time because SHE was the one who had a new man friend immediately after they split. They never told me the reason for their divorce, but my mom said to me one time, it wasn't just because she found another man. I think I should have had a right to know as an adult what happened. I mean I lived with them for 18 years, I know that my dad wasn't verbally, emotionally, physically abusive in any way, all he did was work, besides volunteering for the town fire department in his free time, and having MS. Leads me to believe that she either left him because of the 'new man' or because she didn't want to deal with someone with an illness or disability. I still don't accept her husband as much as I immediately accepted dad's new wife, (whom he's only been married to for about 6 months btw, and he didn't meet til years after they were divorced after signing up for many dating sites, so it wasn't that he had another woman either!)

Anyway, long story short, I think children of a certain age should have a right to know.