View Single Post
January 21st, 2012, 07:42 PM
formerly La_Sirena
Hugs Mama. I know how hard it is having a bigger kid with reflux. How is his bowel function? A lot of time if they're backed up they reflux bigger, wetter burps. I don't know why but it's what I've found with Soph.

Have you looked into abdominal massage? We do it with Soph and to be honest, I do'nt know if it helps, but we do it anyways. You go clockwise on the stomach with oil in hopes of pushing the bowels to work. It also goes over the stomach which is said to help it process faster, hoping that the stuff will move into the bowel faster.

Have you had anyone look into eosinophillia? Or delayed gastric emptying?

I have an autoinflammatory disease which causes my reflux and nothing short of my omeprazole, reduced salt and sugar and slippery elm will help.

You can get the slippery elm powder in capsules and you just sprinkle it over yoghurt (soy or normal). My MIL puts it in her OJ in the morning and drinks it. It tastes like sawdust but it works really well at absorbing that acid.

Soph has tested neg for gluten and lactose intolerance and still has quite a bad run with reflux and constipation. See if you can get him to tell you when he's having the wetter burps or 'throw ups' as Soph calls them. See if there is a pattern or a trigger like stress or upsets.

Gah. I don't really have any good advice. Just hugs.

Jen + Matt
Parents to Sophie, the Wondergirl
Asperger's Syndrome
Joint Hypermobility
GERD & Constipation
Anxiety

Angels Autum & Isla (2007)
+ 7 others (2002 - 2011)

Mama with arthritis & connective tissue disorder called TRaPS
I've been charting since Jan 16, 2001 and TTA since April 2007.