Topic: Gtky
View Single Post
January 21st, 2012, 08:11 PM
Kris
Send a message via AIM to Kaema Send a message via MSN to Kaema
Name: Kris (25)
SO: Brian (29)
Kidlets: Brian a.k.a. "Boogie" (8/11/10)
Furbabies: Shetland sheepdog "Lilly", kitties "Monster" and "Brutus" and American quarter horse "Cajun" and my not-so-furry pacman frog "Choji"
How did you happen upon the DDC? I've been a member of the August 2010 PR from the start and figured it'd be fun to be a part of a DDC again so here I am!

Anything else you wanna share? I'm a dog trainer by profession and have been training and showing for the past 14 years or so. I also train horses and teach riding lessons. Here in the VERY near future I will be a certified equine sports massage therapist and later this year I intend to expand into canine sports massage as well. I deal with all types of training from basic obedience to advanced agility and also canine and equine behavior. And as a funny side story: at one point my mum would not let me have a dog and I wanted something to clicker train as mum wouldn't let me work with her border collie lest Ice bond to me ((the dog was very young at this time)). Since I didn't have a dog, I went to the next best thing.... my yearling paint studcolt, Wrangler. Over time, I taught the horse to rear, bow, shake his head yes and no, touch targets, come when called... and to FETCH. My "800 pound golden retriever" would chase after and retrieve a thrown tennis ball on command. Another instance involving myself and a different border collie saw that within 15 minutes I had taught the dog to hump a traffic cone on command. I have a peculiar sense of humor and am a born clicker trainer. Haha, I am dangerous. <3 DS seems to be following in my footsteps and our sheltie and the horses are his "babies". He adores them as much as I do!

Thank you GraysMama for my gorgeous siggy!