View Single Post
January 24th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup, Depo can really mess you up! I took it for about a year, but stopped because I bled for months on end and had the most horrible side effects! (The doctor kept telling me they would get better, but they just got worse)

I stopped it a few years before we were TTC, but was on the pill during that time. It turns out I did have some trouble conceiving, but I'm not certain that it was due to the Depo. (Though it really did mess up my body big time!)

Charting is a good place to start. Make an appointment with your GP (or OBGYN if you have one) to get a pre-conception work-up. Tell him/her your concerns and how long you've been trying (bring copies of your charts, or when you've had your period for however long you've been keeping track) and they'll let you know where to go from there. Most won't start looking into problems until you've been trying for a year, or 6 months if you've been dutifully charting, so don't be disappointed if they don't seem too concerned! They'll be able to give you some good pointers for TTC, as well as do some basic bloodwork if you ask for it.

And congratulations on your marriage! And to your DH too for staying clean for a whole year!!!

Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?