View Single Post
January 25th, 2012, 03:22 PM
impatiently waiting
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-SBB View Post
i was wondering the exact same thing....and wondering if i exist in a little bit of a bubble with my RE b/c i'm not paying anything right now other than co-pays for all of the monitoring they're doing during my cycle. The trigger shot & clomid were both cheap - maybe $30-40 combined? So the difference is i'm not doing IUI...and I don't understand why combining in a trigger shot + 1 or 2 u/s would be such a huge jump in price....unless your insurance is covering nothing at all from a monitoring perspective?

Anyway, if the cost is essentially the same, i'd do the trigger shot - it's nice to have a little more monitoring & control of ovulation (speaking as someone who missed O last cycle and couldn't then use the trigger shot)...but if it's really hundreds of dollars more I'd probably skip the trigger shot.
my insurance covers nothing. At my RE's office, monitoring visits are $170, IUI is $180(+ $90 for the sperm wash), trigger you have to get at the pharmacy downstairs, but it's $85, and clomid you have to get at the pharmacy as well, and I know it was $27 for my last dose. Standard cycle is 1 monitoring + 1-2 IUI appointments, but of course it varies based on an individual case(the least amount of monitoring I have had is 1, the most 5).

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014