View Single Post
January 29th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amomentcherished View Post
Hi~ I know this post is old, and I am hoping you will still see this. My husband and I adopted a 15 month old sweet heart of a boy from Ethiopia 3 months ago. We just found out that he has been diagnosed with SOD and that he is missing his septum pellucidum. The doctor told us "it's not a big deal. You don't need to do anything, and do not worry about it." Of course I have been googling, and we are very frustrated and not sure what to do. It seems as if Jamesy (our son) needs some immediate medical attention. What is your take?? He also has nystagmus but seems to be able to see really well.
Thanks!
~Tiffany
www[dot]amomentcherished[dot]com
YES... immediate attention is crucial. my daughter was diagnosed with SOD at 2 months. and the Dr.s told me that the sooner they find all her medical needs the better off she'll be in the long run. She is growth hormone, thryoid, and Cortisol deficient. the cortisol is a huge one, and can potentially leads to death if she was not getting her hormones. That Dr. needs to go back to school. my daughter was diagnosed and treated in Seattle CHildrens Hospital. it is one of the top ten hospitals in the united states. good luck in the futre.