View Single Post
February 1st, 2012, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This hurts my heart a little bit. I used to love the Susan G. Komen Foundation. It and the Relay for Life are the two charities I get amped up about and would donate every dollar I have to if I could. My dad died of cancer and I've lost teachers and friends to breast cancer. More than I care to count (or it seems to me coming from a very small town). In 2010, I found out that Susan G. Komen was suing the pants off of people for using the "for the Cure" saying. Susan G. Komen Foundation Elbows Out Charities Over Use Of The Word 'Cure'
It seems like such a pointless venture, and my respect for them and what they are trying to do, or at least started out trying to do, has gone down quite a bit in the last two years. It's not like they're not all working towards the same cause. Cures for cancer. Why do they need to fight about it? Why can't they just work with others towards the same worthwhile venture?? As for the original question, yes this does lessen my opinion of them. Planned Parenthood is not JUST abortion. I'm not *for* abortion, but that's my personal choice, others are entitled to THEIR personal opinions without me berating them for it. Planned Parenthood is so much more. It does so many good things, and provides good services for women who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford it. I have had to rely on Planned Parenthood before. They did my annual exam AND helped me find a birth control I could afford. They would have done STD screening as well, but I turned that down because of my 5 year monogamous relationship. I needed them then and I was grateful for them. Susan G. Komen has gotten so big that they feel like they can run over everyone. It's sad to me.

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!