View Single Post
February 3rd, 2012, 01:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Sorry I've been MIA
On Friday a friend of mine went missing while out on the lake. His wife had a baby girl 10 weeks ago.
Hopes fade for kayaking father missing on lake - National News - Independent.ie

So since then there has been searches and divers etc going on. It's been a very hard few days. They found his body Tuesday afternoon.

Then Tuesday evening I was at my antenatal class and I went to the toilet and started bleeding. I told the midwife and she took me to ER straight away. I rang DH and told him come over straight away because it was mom's only for the 1st class
They told me to go home rest and come back this morning for scan's test etc... So I didn't get any sleep between my friend and the bleeding. I went to the toilet about 5 time and there was blood each time but I wasn't in pain.

So I was at the hospital bright and early. They did the scan. Both placenta's are good. and both babies are doing well. It was great to see them again.

They did swabs to check for infection and checked my cervix.
They said there was no more blood but there was a watery discharge.

I have to go back next Tuesday for a steroid injection to boost the twins lungs just in case I go into premature Labour. And back again on Wednesday for another injection.

They told me to keep an eye on the bleeding and if it gets any heavier come straight in. So far thank God no bleeding but I am having cramps.
I don't have to go through ER any more I go straight to the labour ward if the bleeding starts.
I'm very sore and my cervix is tender from all the poking.

So I'm spending most of my days watching mindless tv.

[SIZE="3"]