Topic: Wwyd
View Single Post
February 6th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you work outside the home? It sounds like she would do really well homeschooling. If not full-time, maybe just for the rest of the year.

What do you mean by the fact that the teacher doesn't expect her to return next year? Is that because you told her that, or for some other reason?

I really think I would pull her now. You shouldn't have to pay all that money to be treated that way.

I agree about checking into the gifted program before getting your hopes up. My daughter has had a hard year, and when she tested into TAG I thought things would surely improve. It turns out that the TAG program here is very underfunded though, and it is not going to really improve her level of education. What they will do is provide her with enrichment programs a few times a month. It will not raise the level of her reading or math instruction though, which she really needs. We did apply to send her to a charter school just for TAG kids next year....here they provide bussing though.

I hope you can figure something out! We are kind of in the same boat. My daughter went to a fantastic school before we transferred, and now her new school is years behind. And she's only in the first grade!