View Single Post
August 17th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So, I went to the high-risk OB today.

I went to the cardiologist on Tuesday and they basically told me that I had to deal w/my heart problems until after this pregnancy is over.

Well, the dr today put me on a small dose 2x day of a beta blocker heart medicine. There is a risk of slow fetal development, but they will do ultrasounds at 24 and 28 weeks to check on development. Basically I have low blood pressure to begin w/. The dr doesn't want my top number to go below 100. Right now it ranges anywhere from 110-120. So, I have to watch my blood pressure and make sure it is at an ok level. He also gave me the signs to note if it isn't high enough. So, I will start taking it tomorrow.

Oh, and he also told me that I shouldn't be concerned about labor. I will have an IV and the will be monitoring my blood pressure and pulse from the time I come in until after I deliver and if there is a problem then there are meds to help me thru.

All in all, I feel better now that I have seen the high-risk OB. At least I know that I hopefully will not have to deal w/the rapid heart beat for a while.

Amy

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!