View Single Post
February 12th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylynnf View Post
a medically nessesary is one before 13 weeks, they can tell if your baby has down syndrome or other diformities, you can google the the sthings they have to look for in that careu/s, they dont just do them so you can see the baby, everyone gets that one for medical reasons i think you need to talk to your provider about that u/s exam. and they can only tell between 11 and 13 weeks and 6 days. i know i have military care for the next cpl months and they will even do those 2.
My Dr does offer the screening between 11-13 weeks but I opt out of it (as do many women). My insurance would not cover it because I am not at high risk for genetic problems. I would never terminate due to a result from that screening and at the 20 week u/s they would be able to determine if there were any life threatening abnormalities that would require treatment at delivery. Most of the early u/s that are done are used for dating purposes and are done before 9 weeks. My doctor does not do routine dating u/s (although he will if you are not sure of when LMP was or irregular cycles) but since I have regular cycles a dating u/s was not necessary.

[