View Single Post
February 12th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMc View Post
Yea, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. In fact, you can even decline the gestational diabetes test and the strep B test later on down the road (although no one will ever present it as an option, you'd have to bring it up, and then they'd make you sign a waiver). I've done those two each time though. But.... no one can force you to do anything.
It is true that they can't force you to do any test but they can deny to see you at their practice if you refuse some tests. Your insurance can also get really picky about covering your pregnancy if you refuse certain "mandatory" tests because you are going against medical advice which they deem as risky and can refuse to cover the pregnancy. So just be really careful if you start refusing tests that you know what your rights are and if you want to risk being kicked out of the practice or not having insurance cover the pregnancy.

(Oh and the reason I know is because I really pushed if I really had to have the 3 hour GD test done with my last pregnancy. We eventually came to a compromise where I checked my levels 4 times a day for several weeks but it was a fight to get them to do something other than the normal test)

[

Last edited by GiftsfromGod; February 12th, 2012 at 08:02 PM.