View Single Post
February 15th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the mountain state
I will be slightly modifying mine from my last birth.
I really want delayed cord clamping, I was a bit annoyed that after my last m/w assured me, they do it, they cut it right away.
the most important thing in my birth plan to me, is that if I end up in another crash c/s with general anesthesia that the baby not be put on display until I get to see her/him. I don't mind DH holding the baby and getting pics, but when I found out that MIL got to see and hold my first baby before I was awake I nearly lost it. It upset me so much.
here is my birth plan from last time - I started to change a few things...
Kendra Family Birth Plan
Mother-to-be: Ami Partner: Michael
Due Date: 09/10/2012
Place of Birth: Shady Grove
This birth plan is intended to express the preference and desires we have for the birth of our baby. It is not intended to be a script. We fully realize that situations may arise such that our plan cannot and should not be followed. However, we hope that barring any extenuating circumstances, you will be able to keep us informed and aware of our options. Thank you.
Before Labor Begins:
*As long as the baby and I are healthy, I would like to go at least 10 days over my due date before scheduling a Cesarean Section.
*If I go past my due date and the baby and I are fine, I prefer to go into labor naturally rather than scheduling a Cesarean Section.
*I would like to discuss laboring at home as long as possible
First Stage (Labor):
· Upon arrival at the hospital, I would like to have my partner with me at all times
· Dim Lights.
· Would prefer to wear my own gown.
· Would prefer not to have students, residents etc.
· Maintain mobility (Walking, rocking, up to bathroom, etc.)
· Clear fluids and ice chips
· Please do not offer me pain medications, I will ask for them if I want them.
· IV lock for emergency only
· Limited number of internal exams
If Available I would like to use:
· A birthing ball/stool
· A squatting bar
· Tub or shower to labor in
* I would prefer to walk to speed labor.
* I am also open to other suggestions for speeding labor
Second Stage (Birth):
· Choice of position (including squatting)
· Directed Bearing Down
· Birth/Squat Bar
· Would prefer to tear rather than have an episotimy
· Would like to avoid using forceps or vacuum extraction
· As long as baby and I are doing well, I would like to be allowed to push for as long as it takes
* Would like to wait to cut cord until it has stopped pulsing
* Prefer partner to cut the cord.
* Delayed eye medication and other tests until we have had a chance to
* Breastfeeding only
· No pacifiers or glucose water
· Do NOT circumcise
· Spinal/epidural anesthesia
· Partner present
· Free one hand to touch the baby
· Breast feeding in recovery room
If General anesthesia is administered
· Please allow my partner to see the baby as soon as possible
· Please do not put the baby on display in the nursery until I have seen the baby. Other than my husband, I want to be the first family member to see him.
· Breast feeding as soon as possible
· Unlimited visitation for parents
· Handling the baby (Kangaroo care, holding, care of, etc.)
· If the baby is transported to another facility, move us as soon as possible
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)
View Public Profile
Visit 3Sapphires's homepage!
Find all posts by 3Sapphires