View Single Post
February 17th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo3 View Post
Can I ask what kind of infection? Is it possible to use something penicillin based? Those are in the lowest risk category for pregnancy and the ones most drs will turn to first for pregnant women when they must be taken. I had a double-ear infection earlier this pregnancy and the start of strep throat, so I had to take amoxicillin. I called my MW and OB to verify that my PCP was right in prescribing me these, and both agreed that they were safe, but recommended only when absolutely necessary. My OB said most penicillin based ones are going to be ok. Was it your OB that prescribed it? If not, I would double check with your OB to be safe and maybe see what their recommendation is.
Ya. I had an ingrown hair that turned into a boil/abcess type thing. It finally drained and feels so much better. It looks much better too. She just wanted me on an antibiotic to be safe to not have the infection become worse, but now that I read the side effects I am not sure if that was a better idea. It was my midwife who prescribed it. I saw her instead of the doctor because he was running so behind.